Membership is open to all pug owners and lovers. New members must be proposed and seconded by current members and they are required to abide by the Club rules and follow its Guidelines for Owners of Pugs.
There are over 1600 members who enjoy:
- the Bulletin, published quarterly – around fifty pages of pug news, views, information on health issues, correspondence, and humour
- notices of seminars and other pug-related events, including schedules to the three annual Club shows
- invitations to the annual members’ garden party, held at a different members’ home each year
- the opportunity to be in touch with other pug lovers
- the opportunity to publish their contact details together with photos of their pugs in the Club’s Yearbook
- Membership of The Pug Dog Welfare and Rescue Association and notices of all its events
- the possibility, after three years’ membership, of placing puppies they have bred on the Club’s puppy register also posted on the Club’s website.
- discounted entry at Pug Dog Club shows